Tuesday, January 15, 2008

3 for 99 are you out of your mind!!!


As a college student, I am always on the look out for the cheapest food that will give me the largest quantity food for the least amount of money possible. Oh how my heart began to palpitate when I got wind of 3 tacos for a buck! I wanted to see if this was true, so I visited Del Taco which has this deal only on Tuesdays. I ordered 6 tacos, 2 hard and 4 soft, to go. When I finally got the food, I was a little disappointed to find that the food was minute at best. The majority of the taco was made of lettuce. The rest was a little bit of cheese and even less meat. Of course, what would you expect for a dollar. For the value, it wasn't too bad. For two dollars, I was satisfied. I do recommend it for the deprived student who has no money but still wants some fast food. Perfect for us.

4 comments:

Taylor_tots said...

Ah well this is true. Money is something I think all college students struggle with, so I know what you mean. If you want a nice tip, I fins the dollar chicken sandwich at Carls Jr. to be quite delectable! It has a nice piece of chicken, as well as some mayo and lettuce. It is pretty great value for only a dollar!!

Shannon said...

I suggest the large bags of generic cereal for quantity and regular cereal quality. Also, i just saw that Del Taco has a tostada for 99cents, is that real? I think i will go try one.

Alina said...

Nice bargain! Although the taco's weren't so tastey for you it was indeed a pretty snazzy deal. As a college student I too look for the cheapest food. For example...Ramen Noodles or Cup of Noodles? Haha. Those things are cheap but not all that great and they're also really unhealthy. I do have to admit that Ricearoni is pretty cheap and I like it too!

jsharendt said...

I love cheap food just as much as the next guy but I think that sometimes you pay for what you get and somtimes its worth the extra couple bucks to satisfy hunger and taste But rock on with the del taco