Thursday, January 10, 2008

Jan. 10 2008 Mourning routine




This mourning, I woke up to the sweet smell of pancakes and bacon cooking. This is not the normal mourning routine so I woke up a little quicker. Mike, my roommate, every-so-often will wake up and cook for the apartment so I was a little anxious. Not wanting to appear over-anxious for the food, I first took a shower. I don't take a long time in the shower and today was a little quicker than usual with the hope of an upcoming meal better than the usual milk and cereal that I still haven't mastered the art of making after 23 years of making the food. After the shower, still in my towel, I discover that the food wasn't for me but for our new roommate Jake. What a sad mourning!! I instead had an overly dry bowl of corn Chex, which after a few weeks of eating them still taste wonderful. I left for school a little less satisfied than usual but all the same full which is usually the reason that I eat at all anymore. Still, I recommend cereal for everybody that will eat breakfast. I believe it is the perfect food for any morning. Whether you are planning on spending all day curled up on your couch watching anything from The Office to Spongebob Squarepants, or preparing for a marathon, cereal is the way to go!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm jealous that your roomate cooks for you. My roomates barely ever cook. I also hardly ever eat cereal, for some reason i'm stuck on oatmeal. I think i need the hot cereal to get me warmed up in this winter weather.

Keith McKay said...

I've never heard of someone who liked Corn Chex as much as I do, but you're absolutely right! You can eat them for 2 weeks straight and they still taste wonderful. And perhaps you'll agree that they beat the pants off Rice and Wheat Chex, which are horrible substitutions.

head chef said...

I remember as a child coming home from school and smelling a wonderful aroma coming from the kitchen. Time and time again I was devastated to learn that it was for someone that was sick in the ward (I usually mentioned that I wasn't feeling too well either, but it never seemed to work). I promised myself that I would never do that to my children--I broke my promise--but I certainly understand your disappointment.