Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ski food



For some reason, I have forgotten one of the best parts of the ski season. I haven't been skiing for about 5 years and this last weekend, I decided to alleviate that problem. I went two times this last weekend and for those who haven't been this season or any, I would highly recommend visiting the slopes for the ride of a lifetime. The food that we eat seams to be a little unique in that it seems to be a little more tasty. When I ski, I wont eat for close to 6-7 hours and when we finally leave the slope, we are all starved. When I left Brighton on Monday, all i had was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, carrots, and some Triscuits. For some reason, that sandwich seemed to be the manna from heaven with a flavor to rival most French restaurants in Paris. The carrots were so sweet that I thought I must have been in heaven dining with the angels who are privileged to dine on it forever. But the Triscuits were just Triscuits with no optimal flavor. The only explanation i have for this phenomenon is that I was starting to get full and the need wasn't there. I prefer to think that the exhilaration of the day makes everything so much better. To say the least, skiing makes food better!

3 comments:

Taylor_tots said...

How very interesting...I believe that you make a good point. I myself have never been really hungry, (except for fast Sundays but I don't think that counts), so I can't relate. I have never been skiing either, or snowboarding. It sounds so much fun though! I am just a little bit afraid that I would fall over and hurt myself or something.

bean said...

I know exactly what you mean. The food at most ski resorts are so high priced or I can't stop snowboarding after im in the groove so I never get a chance to eat. The funny part is you never realize it until you are on your last run. Ive noticed its also that way when you've been swimming all day, especially at a beach...you find that anything just tastes like heaven.

Sherm said...

Dude, I'm going to have to agree with you 100% on being so so hungry after going skiing or snowboarding! In high school we used to go to The Canyons pretty much every weekend and it became our tradition to stop at Wendy's in Park City afterwards to load up on the dollar menu before heading back down to town.