Monday, April 14, 2008

Chicken casserole


My family makes a chicken casserole that I believe to be so easy for any person to make. The reason that it is such a hit with my family is because my mother cant cook much anymore because of health reasons so when my mom does cook; it has to be cheap, fast, and easy. (I tell her that she needs to make a sign for her kitchen that says, "If you are what you eat, then I am cheap, fast,and easy!") I love it because I can make it even as a college student with basically no time. First, you get cut up chicken breast and put it in the bottom of a pan. I prefer glass because it seems to work the best. Then put a layer of swiss cheese. Top that with a combination mixture of cream of chicken, cream of celery, one can of water, and some minced onions. This is the best because it adds the main part of the dish. I have also tried some vegetables in this mixture and they work out well. I love green beans but you can decide what you think you should do. My mom's recipe calls for none but I like the health aspect. After that, you top it off with stove top mixed with one cube melted butter. That is the whole casserole. So easy and believe it or not, really cheap! Now just bake for about 45 minuets on 350 degrees and you have a dish that will feed me for 2 days or feed a family of 8.

No comments: