Monday, April 14, 2008

Funeral Fiesta


I love the fact that I belong to the LDS church. With the fact that we believe in eternal families, a funeral is not good bye but more of a see ya latter. I have only gone to a few funerals in my lifetime and every time it was for a person of our faith that has passed away. They are so much fun. We try to remain solemn on these occasions but they turn into a celebration of their lives. I had my grandfather pass away and we had a lot of fun. We were all together as a very large family and we haven't seen each other in a while. We got to catch up and eat all the food that we enjoy. We are from Idaho in a rural community so we have a lot of food that is indicative of rural area. Mashed potatoes, turkey, homemade raspberry jam, rolls, and of course homemade sweet pickles pass to plates so quickly you would think they disapperated. funeral potatoes are also there but i cant remember what they are. I let my mom worry about them. Otherwise, we have fun. THere are games, reminiscing of the deceased, and overall fun. I haven't had a bad one.

No comments: