Monday, April 14, 2008

Pizza Pizza


The simple joy of a simple pizza pie wrapped so carefully in the cardboard box we can all recognize is enough to have every person's mouth start to salivate with the hope of an upcoming slice. It seems like pizza has become an american institution. Every child seems to like it with few exceptions and many live off this blessed substance. I asked my roommate who served in Italy if there is even a semblance of the pizza found there. There is but it came from America to there. It is also far different. It is a lot plainer and with fewer toppings. I personally prefer the perfect pizza; canadian bacon and pineapple. It is so basic and despite the fact that people really don't ever call it their favorite, it seems to be the first one gone from the table. I do have a more refined taste though. I have grown to savor the stranger flavors like chicken alfredo from pier 49, the BBQ pizza from Cici's pizza, or even some things that my roommate brings from work. I wish I knew what they were called but alas, I am lost. I will say though that if I go for pizza, pier 49 is my choice around here. the crust is amazing which for me makes the pizza. I think this change came because of maturity. we just change.

No comments: